Right Between the Ears

Darrell Brogdon

Show Information:

Right Between the Ears is the award-winning sketch comedy series broadcast on public radio. It has been spoofing politics, celebrities, sports figures, lame TV shows and stupid commercials since 1985. The show's been broadcast on NPR, Sirius-XM, BBC, Delta Radio and airs twice weekly on Kansas Public Radio stations. RBTE is a three-time winner of the Gold Medal as Best Comedy Show at the New York Festivals, twice receiving the Festivals' Grand Prize.

Venue

Rating

All Ages

Warning

None

11 Comments

1. J Blake on July 23, 2017 at 5:30 am

Loved the show, very funny but could have done without the Trump skit. Thankfully, there was just one political skit.

2. Laura on July 23, 2017 at 10:11 pm

Terrific as usual-what you would expect from this cast. They are a topical group, so the political commentary was spot on.

3. Chuck on July 26, 2017 at 2:10 am

Some clever, wittty funny stuff. But surely they can do without so many bathroom jokes – just lazy writing. AND, please, turn down the volume. WAY to LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Chris on July 26, 2017 at 12:23 pm

This is a very talented group of voice actors that perform the sharply written material well, without fail. I imagine the material changes a bit from show to show; the one I attended contained a lot of political commentary, which is better for those who are not a fan of the current Administration. Still, as well as they skewer Trump and Putin and healthcare, perhaps the best bits are their hilarious commercials that are quirky and a good parody of our current culture. Hard to imagine anything less than a well-polished and funny sketch show from this impressive group.

5. Craig Lubow on July 27, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Great show. Starts with mostly political skits and then moves to non-political skits. Well written and delivered well. Right Between the Ears is a weekly radio show that performs live every year at the Fringe. Similar to Prairie Home Companion with a format similar to SNL. I give this show a nine out of ten. The guy that plays Trump was good, but if he could make his voice sound more like Trump it would be even better and more authentic.

6. Joy on July 27, 2017 at 6:27 pm

I really enjoyed the show. I do feel there was a lot of political humor, but hey, that’s what people are talking about today. The voices were well done, the sound effects spot on! I highly recommend!

7. Christina on July 28, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Funny, well-written and performed skits. A blend of smart and silly humor, the show balances political and non-political humor. Well respected actors and performers. Totally worth the visit!

8. Authorized User on July 29, 2017 at 3:56 am

The Trump stuff was the funniest. The guy playing Trump should have had a longer red tie, it didn’t even reach his knees. Wish they would have done more. Certainly, there is no lack of potential material.

9. Stu Lewis on July 29, 2017 at 4:58 am

Wonderful, topical humor. A previous comment on this site compared them to SNL. I disagree. These folks are much funnier. Except for the “weekend update,” SNL is barely watchable most weeks. Apparently the troupe is correct in assuming that Trump supporters generally don’t attend Fringe. I have seen the group at past Fringes and hope to see them again. One thing that makes seeing this show live especially entertaining is watching the sound effects person go through her motions.

10. Ian on July 30, 2017 at 2:21 am

Love these folks! An enjoyable show, but this year, some of the scripts were for me, a little weak and not too funny. My favorite part is the sound effects!

11. Carol on July 30, 2017 at 2:05 pm

The volumn was way too high. I would rather miss a word here and there than have to put fingers over my ears. Still this waws the 2nd favorite of the 8 shows I attended. Some good jokes. Please drop some of the bathroom humor. I’ts not funny, just disgusting.

%d bloggers like this: