Write to Me

Stephanie Roberts/ Slow Burn Productions

Show Information:

From the creator of the acclaimed Boom! An International Lost and Found Family Marching Band, and Mask of the Broken Heart, Write to Me is a love letter to letter-writing. Inspired by a box of 200 received letters, Stephanie Roberts dares to reach across the divide of time and place (and fourth wall) as she reveals and embodies ink on a page. Through physical storytelling, audience interaction, and live music by cellist Alex Williams, Write to Me journeys through a landscape of lost and found human connection. Audience members are encouraged to bring their own saved letters. facebook.com/stephrobertsslowburn

Venue

Rating

Parental Guidance

Warning

Adult Language

7 Comments

1. Nicole Greenberg on July 24, 2017 at 10:11 pm

I thought “Write to Me” was simple, sincere and beautiful. It’s such a refreshing show and is one that can connect to everyone in one way or another. It was lovely to have the cello there to punctuate the personal correspondents and to get to know these people in such a true and vulnerable way. I keep suggesting this to everyone interested in fringe. This is the kind of show I LOVE!

2. Beth Byrd-Lonski on July 24, 2017 at 11:07 pm

It’s a beautiful journey inward, through time and forward. It feels like a big hug.

3. Vincent Wagner on July 25, 2017 at 1:04 am

Stephanie Roberts creates a moving meditation on friendship, connection, and the passing of time using text from letters both old and new. The addition of physical interpretation and live cello (courtesy of the very talented Alex Williams) strikes an evocative balance between nostalgia and the present moment. I left the venue feeling inspired to pick up a pen and paper and reach out. It’s a wonderful, warm addition to your Fringe schedule.

4. Julia on July 25, 2017 at 5:15 pm

Stephanie is SO talented – in terms of writing, acting, singing, production, audience engagement…. What a beautiful and uplifting event, pulling on memory strings with deep connections that were by turns wistful, joyful, yearning and painfully honest. I loved having the opportunity to write to a stranger, and now I am re-experiencing the pleasures of watching my mailbox every day, waiting for a reply. Go and see this, you won’t regret it!

5. Tammie Warren-Betz on July 26, 2017 at 5:23 pm

Excellent show,—tender, refreshing, authentic, great subject, made me think, also made me miss an “old” form of communication…highly recommend, more shows like this please and thank you!

6. Molly on July 29, 2017 at 5:21 am

What a lovely experience. Creative audience interaction. Highly recommend.

7. Tamie on July 29, 2017 at 11:21 pm

What an amazing show! I had no idea what to expect and was so pleasantly surprised at the format. Love the low-key audience participation. Alex did a fabulous job accompanying on the cello. Well done!

%d bloggers like this: