Take Flight: An Adventure in Cirque

Imaginez

Show Information:

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!
Clutching a one-way ticket to his dreams, Bumbles' plane freezes in time... with his heart (Kiki) and mind (Fink) at odds, Bumbles must choose between clinging to the past or leaping into the unknown. It is a 'Living Pixar' tale of courage, resiliency and friendship told through aerial silks, folk tales and lots and lots of luggage. Perfect for all ages.

"You will wish the journey never ends... Take Flight: An Adventure in Cirque brings to the audience a great message and just the right balance of serious, playful and beautiful. Leaves you inspired, encouraged and amused." - PLANK Magazine (Vancouver Fringe)

"Shook me to the core in the best way." - Ralphie Krumins

"Take Flight absolutely stole my heart. Go see it. A wonderful troupe from Chicago tells a heartwarming story everyone who has ever LIVED can relate to." - Robin Joelle Harman

"Take Flight - GO SEE IT! I was completely charmed by it. Children will love the aerial work and folk tales, adults will see a whole other level. Suitable for absolutely everyone!!" - Maria Denholme

Venue

Rating

All Ages

Warning

Keep Aisles Clear

13 Comments

1. Linda H on July 23, 2017 at 3:05 pm

This is the best of the fest! A must see for for all ages.Great performance, smooth, flawless, and professional. Highly entertaining. Lauded by patrons and fest volunteers. Good-humored and delightful! You will not be disappointed!

2. Summer on July 23, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Funny, silly, and fun-though a bit slow in parts. A bit too symbolic for the little ones, but certainly okay for all ages. Also note that this is a play with a tiny bit of aerial for flare…if you want to see aerial dance see Altus.

3. Calvin Green on July 24, 2017 at 3:16 am

Saw it last year and I hear it has only gotten better!

4. Robin on July 24, 2017 at 3:49 am

Still magical! Even if you saw it last year, it’s worth another viewing!

5. Jim on July 24, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Lighthearted fun. The cast was engaging and funny, with some tender moments that reached out well. The simple props were used well. The aerial acts are a small part of the performance, but a nice addition and done very well.

6. Rosena on July 24, 2017 at 7:29 pm

Loved this show!

7. Don Dagenais on July 25, 2017 at 4:45 am

Thoroughly enjoyable show. The acrobatics were very impressive and the comedy routines were genuinely funny; this show is not to be missed!

8. Barbara Schilling on July 28, 2017 at 7:37 pm

This show is great for people of all ages. Plenty of laughs.

9. Molly Kiley on July 29, 2017 at 4:56 am

How am I going to tell you what I saw tonight?!
    Within the first 10 seconds of the show my eyes were filling up with tears of joy at the simple beauty and heart of the performers. Those tears of joy were quickly replaced by laughter, giggles, and an almost permanent wow-smile on my face during the performance. Through clownish and fascinating movement the performers create characters that fully engage the audience’s heart and mind- and literally break down the fourth wall! Acrobatics take many forms, from simple yet surprising tricks to the magnificent and magical silk acrobatics. The lighting and music are characters of their own, transporting you to a dream world along with the performers. By the end of the story, I surprised myself with tears again; tears of joy for my love the characters, the beauty of what I had just seen, and not wanting it all to end!
    “Take Flight” is a humble yet graceful story about following your dreams, finding peace between your mind and heart, and the power stories have on our lives. If you haven’t been convinced to see “Take Flight”by the other glowing reviews and my own star-struck ramblings, I don’t know what else to tell you. This is a once in a decade story that will set your heart on fire and make you run, leap, skip, and dance as you leave the theater.
    Go see it!

10. Stu Lewis on July 29, 2017 at 5:09 am

This show got the strongest positive reaction from the audience of any fringe show I have seen so far. Personally, I would have preferred seeing more gymnastic skills (the aerial acrobatics were skillfully performed, but this was only a small part of the show. There was a six-year-old boy sitting next to me, who, despite the late hour, paid attention for the entire hour (unusual for a child this age at a 9:00 PM show) and laughed more times than I could count. Maybe I’m just a cynic, but the “inspirational” message left me cold. But, on behalf of the rest of the audience, which may not be used to posting comments on this site, I should reiterate that my lukewarm response was not typical.

11. Daved Driscoll on July 29, 2017 at 11:14 pm

Beautiful, engaging, full of life, full of what performance art should be. The 3-year-old a few seats in front of me giggled and hooted at the show and his parents practically danced with him and his infectious ebullience. The people in a circle around him exuded the same life-affirming joy at his enjoyment. The gray-hairs around me (myself included) chose more sedate modes of expression, but nonetheless, laughed, clapped, participated and (I’m pretty sure), like me, happily teared up on more than one occasion. At one point (spoiler alert), they bat a(n imaginary) boulder which splinters into precisely the number of (imaginary) pieces for every audience member to catch one. I watched (and still caught mine): every single audience member participated in this extraordinary act of collective imagination. (As Fezziwig says, “If that’s not high praise, tell me higher and I’ll use it!” ). I (more often a downcast curmudgeon than a gushing fan) absolutely loved this experience. (It was an experience, not merely a “show.”) Well-crafted, well-written, well-timed, needful of the physical skills the three performers exhibited with seeming effortlessness (their best “tricks” were all given away freely while their story-making made drew our focus onto the story, rather than onto them and their tricks). Thanks to them for laying such a beautiful performance out for us.

12. Elizabeth on July 30, 2017 at 2:27 am

This is a fantastical journey of love and hurts and all the feels. Fink is the voice in my head and Kiki in my heart. Bumbles, without saying a word is touching and engaging. This is a beautiful show. Thank you Imaginez!!

13. Terri Baugh on August 4, 2017 at 6:00 pm

Wonderful performance by all three of the actors. So full of true life experiences. Pure JOY!! I was totally enthralled through the entire performance.
    I recommended the show to many people. I hope they are back next year.

Well Done!!!!