The 18th Annual KC Fringe Festival takes place Friday, July 15th to Sunday July 31st, 2022, live performances will open July 22nd with technical rehearsals from Sunday July 17 thru Thursday July 21th.
This form is due by midnight March 15, 2022.
Please read all questions carefully and thoroughly as you answer. The more information we have, the better prepared the festival technical staff will be to help you produce your show. Remember that Fringe is a different producing environment. There are some basic guidelines that everyone must be aware of:
1. Do NOT contact your venue directly for any reason. That means no calls, no emails, no contact in person - nothing. If you need anything, reach out to your technical directors Ashley Dover and Glenn Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Producers who contact venues directly risk fines or forfeiture of show.
2. Companies are assigned to a venue based on technical needs. You may not request a venue.
3. No elaborate technical demands. You must be able to load in and set up your show in ten minutes, and you get ten minutes to strike after your show.
4. Fringe Festival does not provide guaranteed storage space in your venue. Prepare to bring your set and costumes in and out for every performance. Your venue technician will coordinate, with all groups involved, if any storage areas become available in your venue.
5. No projection equipment of any kind is provided by the Festival. You may bring your own with approval from your venue technician and the Festival Technical Director. You will also need to provide your own projection surface or screen.
6. No wireless microphones of any kind are provided by the Festival. You may bring your own with approval from your venue technician and the Festival technical director. Please indicate in this form if you are planning to bring wireless microphones.
7. No pianos are provided by the Festival. All pianos in venues belong to those venues. We make no agreements for their use.
8. You may do merchandise sales, in the lobby, before or after the show, if space permits. Check with your venue technician.
9. No distribution of food or alcohol to the audience will be permitted.
10. Arrange for all permits required. The festival technical director or venue technician will be able to provide information on any permits that are needed, but it is the producing company’s responsibility to acquire these items. The Festival does not pay for these permits. The artists are responsible for those fees!
All inquiries must be made to your venue technician or the Festival Technical Directors, Ashley Dover and Glen Lewis- email@example.com
How You Can Help Make Your Show A Success?
1. Submit all Fringe materials.
2. Be responsible for all your personal expenses and personal property.
3. Be responsible for any and all equipment that you are utilizing.
4. Every producer receives one 3 hour technical rehearsal time slot. This rehearsal will be coordinated with your venue technician.
5. Arrive for your technical rehearsal with everything needed for your show (i.e. copy tech script, props, sets, costumes, stage manager, ideas on lighting and sound cues, etc.) Lay out your set, run sound and lighting cues, and if the time permits you will be able to run a dress rehearsal.
6. Call time for shows is 30 minutes before your performance. This is required. If you do not show up 30 minutes prior to your show, your venue technician will assume you are not showing up at all and start planning accordingly.
7. Communicate with your venue technician in any cases of emergency.
8. Attend the Artist Question and Answer session, or zoom Q&A.
The session will be held at Non-Profit Village, 31 W. 31st Street. (Park in the U-Haul Lot immediately to the east of the building. Please do not park along the walls.) There will be a zoom link for any out of town shows, or producers that can not attend in person.
Saturday March 5th, 10:00am - 11:30am
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87942712528?pwd=aGx2ZkU3dUdPV1ZvVU9MOWlnQUlRdz09
Meeting ID: 879 4271 2528
Sunday March 6, 4:00pm - 5:30pm
Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88611684807?pwd=KzhOY3hWN2xkU3k3RWp3cXFtSnNSdz09
Meeting ID: 886 1168 4807
Monday March 7, 6:00-7:30pm
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88340266488?pwd=U2Fid1gvRDcyT1I4SlZxTW9iU0J3dz09
Meeting ID: 883 4026 6488
9. Read your Producer’s Manual for answers to any questions that may arise.
10. Promote! Promote! Promote! Fringe promotes the Festival. You are responsible for promoting your show! Follow us on FB, Instagram and Ticktock. All under KC Fringe! Use #KCFringe on all of your posts.